Aladdin, the Signature Edition
The 1992 Aladdin animated feature continued the success of The Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast. The Disney musical found its way to the forefront and changed pop culture and animated history. The true heart of the film was showcased in the music of Alan Menken and the should of the film shown through in the masterful performance of Robin Williams. Disney sent me a review copy of the animated feature and the 2019 live-action film for this review.
There’s no doubt that you love Aladdin and have watched it endlessly, but is there a need to buy the new Signature Edition? Let’s take a look at the special features and bonus material.
BONUS FEATURES ON BLU-RAY & DIGITAL: NEW BONUS MATERIAL
- Sing Along With the Movie – Sing along to your favorite tunes as you watch the film. With magical on- screen lyrics.
- Aladdin on Aladdin – Join the speaking voice of Aladdin, Scott Weinger (“Fuller House”), as he reflects on almost 30 years of being Aladdin.
- “Let’s Not Be Too Hasty”: The Voices of “Aladdin” – Take your seat in the recording booth and watch as the voice actors of “Aladdin” work their microphone magic.
- Alternate Endings – Enter the realm of “what if” and see just how differently the movie could have ended.
The new bonus features are fun, especially Aladdin on Aladdin, as we join the voice of Aladdin on a trip through 30 years of Aladdin. He runs into his fellow voice-actors and shares memories of the production. He even gets a singing lesson from Alan Menken! There was also a feature in which the directors discuss the legacy of Robin Williams and how he changed the film so much and was perfect for the genie. There’s also a segment with Ron Clements and John Musker as they discuss their history and how they came to meet and work together. DIGITAL EXCLUSIVE
- Drawing Genie –Join prolific animator Eric Goldberg as he draws and reminices about the Genie.
- CLASSIC BONUS – Revisit over 40 exciting bonus features from previous releases including: The Genie Outtakes; “Aladdin”: Creating Broadway Magic; Unboxing “Aladdin” and more!
The digital exclusives are the special features from previous releases and offer a lot historical features about the animated film.
Should I Buy Aladdin on Blu-ray or Digital Download?
The film looks and sounds amazing . The special features add to the enjoyment of the film and offers insight. If you don’t own a digital copy, then it’s worth it to have a version that you can stream anywhere. As far as an animated films, it’s one of the best from the second golden age of Disney animation and belongs in your collection. And it has some amazing songs!
Are You Going to Buy the Signature Edition of Aladdin?
Special thanks to Wes B., Aaron R. and Nicole S. for supporting me on Patreon.
FTC Disclosure: A copy was provided by the company for the purpose of this review. This post contains affiliate links, which means that ImagiNERDing receives a percentage of sales purchased through links on this site. Thank you for your support!