- Hans Perk at A Film L.A. posts a scan of a swell 1932 invitation. He has also celebrated his three-year blogging anniversary! Stop by his site and tell him how awesome he is!!!
- Disney on Parole looks at the Disney Studios on Kingswell, with a special then and now look.
- Doc from the Disney Obsession posts about Gertie the Dinosaur at the Disney Hollywood Studios–and why she is so much more than an ice cream stand! (Great pic, too!)
- Wade Sampson at MousePlanet presents a fantastic history of the Empress Lilly (and the Lake Buena Vista Village).
- David at Vintage Disney Collectibles shares some interesting postal images.
- Daveland celebrates three years of blogging with some nighttime images of Disneyland. Head over and congratulate him!
I have been reading the Mesa Verde Times for a few weeks now and just wanted to point them out.
See them? Over there?
It is an amazing blog with behind-the-scenes photos from Horizons. CHIEF and Hoot Gibson can be described as self-styled, guerilla theme park adventurers. Or something like that.
Don’t forget to stop by our site and leave some Disney Geek love!
2 thoughts on “Geek-End Update, Saturday, June 06, 2009”
Nice one on the Empress Lilly and Buena Vista Village. I ate there for the character breakfast when I was 11 (February, ’82), and in ’84 stayed at the now long gone villas, and it wasn’t until I finally returned to WDW in ’07 that I made the connection between DTD and the old Village, by seeing the hi-rise hotels in the distance.
Thanks for pointing me at the Mesa Verde Times. It’s an interesting series. Sort of … odd … too, I can’t put my finger on what’s odd about it but…