Captain Marvel Special Features
Captain Marvel was a much-welcomed and heralded addition to the Marvel Cinematic Universe. The film was gorgeous and the action was top-notch, but I still talked to a lot of people that didn’t really like the film and called it their least favorite Marvel movie. Many comments were tangled with Brie Larson’s political and social views and some people felt that she never deserved her powers, like Captain America or Tony Stark.
When the review copy arrived, I watched the movie in one seating and the bonus features the following evening. Some of the spectacle was lost on the home screen, but it’s still a rich film with lots of visual appeal and that classic Nick Fury humor. I left the theater impressed with the film and the storytelling. The special effects in regards to Phil Coulson and Nick Fury were incredibly impressive. I also enjoyed learning more about the backstory of the rise of the Avengers and S.H.I.E.L.D. Let’s check out the special features!
Captain Marvel BONUS MATERIAL (may vary by retailer):
Blu-ray & Digital: Alternate Movie Versions
- Movie with Intro – An introduction by directors/screenwriters Anna Boden & Ryan Fleck.
- Movie with Commentary – Commentary by directors/screenwriters Anna Boden & Ryan Fleck.
- Becoming a Super Hero – Follow Brie Larson’s journey as she joins the MCU, and see what it takes to be a Marvel Super Hero in every sense of the word.
- Big Hero Moment – Explore how impactful Captain Marvel’s entrance into the MCU is, and how she inspires audiences around the world.
- The Origin of Nick Fury – Witness some of the MCU’s most significant events through Nick Fury’s eyes, and see how his influence helped shape the MCU.
- The Dream Team – Discover why Anna Boden & Ryan Fleck are the perfect pair to direct Marvel Studios’ most powerful hero.
- The Skrulls and the Kree – Take a deeper look into the Skrulls and the Kree, their ongoing conflict, and the importance of shifting perspectives in the film.
- Hiss-sterical Cat-titude – The cast and crew dish on working with Goose and the raw talent it takes to portray such a complex character on-screen.
- Deleted Scenes
- “Who Do You Admire Above All Others?” – Kree Commander Yon-Rogg must answer to the Supreme Intelligence, who questions his leadership ability.
- Starforce Recruits – Yon-Rogg lectures a roomful of students on the Kree’s mission to defend all nations from the scourge of the Skrulls.
- Heading to Torfa – Vers (Danvers) and her fellow Starforce members banter as they prepare for their rescue mission to Torfa.
- “What, No Smile?” – In this alternate version of a scene from the movie, Vers is consulting a map when she receives a dubious offer of assistance.
- Black Box – Keller attempts to track Vers and Fury after their escape in a quadjet from the Joint USAFA Facility.
- Rookie Mistake – Novice S.H.I.E.L.D. agent Phil Coulson helps Director Keller out of an embarrassing situation.
- Gag Reel – The fate of the universe hangs in the balance as the cast battles props, flubs and Flerkens in these outtakes from the set.
- Journey into Visual Effects with Victoria Alonso – Experience how filmmakers’ visions of the MCU come to life on-screen through the skill of the Visual Effects team.
- What Makes a Memory: Inside the “Mind Frack” – What does it take to craft an action-packed sequence for a Marvel Studios film? Nothing short of an epic team effort!
- Concept Art – Explore artwork from “Captain Marvel” and trace the visual development of characters.
- On-Set Images – Uncover a trove of behind-the-scenes and production photography.
A couple of the special features stand out, especially the Nick Fury and Skree ones.
Are you going to purchase a copy of Captain Marvel? What do you think about the film?
Special thanks to Wes B., Aaron R. and Nicole S. for supporting me on Patreon.
FTC Disclosure: A copy was provided by the company for the purpose of this review. This post contains affiliate links, which means that ImagiNERDing receives a percentage of sales purchased through links on this site. Thank you for your support!