There’s still a lot of time left to enjoy the 2015 Carowinds Summer Festival! Besides some great coasters, what else could you want in a theme park besides some great music, some great BBQ and some great beer!
Check out my post on the Taste of the Carolinas Festival from this spring.
Are you going to head out to the Carowinds Summer Festival?
CAROWINDS DEBUTS NEW SUMMER FESTIVAL FEATURING LIVE BANDS, TASTY BREWS AND MOUTHWATERING BARBECUE
CHARLOTTE, N.C. – As the place where the Carolinas come together, Carowinds knows a thing or two about having a good time. The park is holding an end of summer party, Bands, Brews and BBQs, beginning Saturday, July 31. This inaugural festival combines three things Carolinians love: the best ale, sounds and barbecue eatin’ around.
Bands, Brews and BBQs will be held every Friday, Saturday and Sunday from July 31 through August 16. Food booths will be open beginning at 11 a.m.
“We are excited to continue the enhancements we have made this year to our culinary programs with the introduction of another signature food event. It truly makes it a ‘best day ever’ park experience for our guests”, says Kris Suita, Carowinds executive chef. “And after the positive response we received from our Taste of the Carolinas event this past spring, we felt it was the perfect opportunity to end the summer with something that defines the Carolina experience – mouthwatering BBQ.”
Bands, Brews and BBQs is the perfect way to countdown the final days of summer as the midways fill with the sweet smells of smoked BBQ:
- Guests will be able to visit various booths that will serve smoked beef, pork and poultry. Two smokers were custom built just for this event.
- A dedicated booth featuring regional BBQ sauces will offer 24 different flavors.
- Guests 21 years of age of older will be able to purchase an amazing selection of craft beers, featuring approximately 10 brands.
From country to rock, we’ve paired your favorite barbecue and brews with some amazing local bands that will perform each day of the event.
The band lineup includes:
- July 31– Natty Boh Duo (12 p.m. to 4 p.m.) and Tony Barnes (5 p.m. to 9 p.m.)
- August 1– Back Porch Orchestra (12 p.m. to 4 p.m.) and Cho Cho Tumbleweed (5 p.m. to 9 p.m.)
- August 2– Tony Barnes (12 p.m. to 4 p.m.) and Tim Elliot (5 p.m. to 9 p.m.)
- August 7 – Cho Cho Tumbleweed (12 p.m. to 4 p.m.) and Back Porch Orchestra (5 p.m. to 9 p.m.)
- August 8 – Early Ray (12 p.m. to 4 p.m.) and Chris Winward (5 p.m. to 9 p.m.)
- August 9 – Chris Winward (12 p.m. to 4 p.m.) and Tim Elliot (5 p.m. to 9 p.m.)
- August 14 – Natty Boh Duo (12 p.m. to 4 p.m.) and Unspoken Tradition (5 p.m. to 9 p.m.)
- August 15 – Unspoken Tradition (12 p.m. to 4 p.m.) and Chris Winward (5 p.m. to 9 p.m.)
- August 16 – Chris Winward (12 p.m. to 4 p.m.) and Tony Barnes (5 p.m. to 9 p.m.)
Bands, Brews & BBQs is included with park admission. Food and beverages for the event are sold separately. Guests must be 21 years of age or older to purchase or consume alcoholic beverages. To buy Carowinds tickets and view more information regarding special events at the park, visit www.carowinds.com.