I’ve been a supporter of Pantera Game’s Theme Park Studio since their initial Kickstarter Campaign. I’ve posted a few articles about their progress at Mice Chat:
I’m really excited about the game and Pantera Game Studio has announced an Early Access Launch Date!
Theme Park Studio is almost here!
Early Access Launch Date: February 27th, 2014.
Purchase and download Theme Park Studio: http://store.steampowered.com/
THE WAIT IS ALMOST OVER!
We are inviting theme park and roller coaster fans to take part in our “Early Access” development build that will be released on Steam .
If you have purchased Theme Park Studio via Kickstarter or our own crowd-funding, you should have received your Steam Key already!
This first release allows our community to get started designing their parks, creating custom assets, and importing/sharing custom scenery.
Most modules are 70 percent complete. Each will be released in phases, with additional modules unlocked as we polish and add new features requested by the community.
Theme Park Studio has branched out way beyond its original design, as we listened to our customer base. We have held focus group meetings with Kickstarter backers, interacted with forum members, and truly set out to build the ultimate theme park sandbox game, shaped by the community.
Theme Park Studio is a powerful suite of tools that allow players to design, build, and experience stunning amusement parks of their own design. Players can build whatever they can imagine, and then share it online for others to experience.
When all phases are released, Theme Park Studio will feature:
- Custom coaster creation. Players can bend, pull, and stretch coasters into any design they wish. Prefabricated templates are provided as helpers, if desired.
- Custom Flat Rides. Design your own flat ride from the ground up, or select from our pre-built ride library.
- Park guests: After opening your park, watch park guests (peeps) tour your theme park and hop on your coasters and flat rides.
- Mesh importing: Build your own environmental objects and import them for maximum customization.
- Particle effects, including fire, smoke, fountains, fireworks, and weather effects. Our particle effects module is very versatile, allowing the player to create a wide range of effects. Particles can have triggers for setting up shows or like coasters splashing through water.
- Landscaping: Import your own height maps and textures to create stunning landscapes, or custom sculpt one of your own design.
- Water: Control water parameters like speed, level, color, and ripple size.
- Vegetation: Our engine features an advanced vegetation solution. Our proprietary technology allows players to build everything from grass to elaborate oaks. Trees are procedurally generated and can be controlled by custom wind and turbulence settings. This technology has been integrated into Theme Park Studio.
- Oculus Rift Support: Due to overwhelming requests for this support, we are proud to announce this cutting edge technology will be included in all versions of Theme Park Studio.
New trailer video:
Are you excited about this new release? Did you support their Kickstarter?