Growing up in the 1970s, I won’t bore you with my love of the Muppet Show, the films or how Waldorf and Statler completely focused my adult sense of humor. But I will tell you how much I loved this movie. A lot!
The presentation and sound on Blu-ray was fantastic. The special features were well done and appropriate for a Muppet movie.
Here are the details on the extras:
- The Longest Blooper Reel Ever Made (In Muppet History––We Think) – A laugh out loud look at the actors’ funny gaffs and gags from behind the scenes of making Disney’s “The Muppets.”
- Disney Intermission – Groundbreaking Blu-ray feature. Pausing a movie will never be this much fun, as the Muppets take over the screen every time you stop the disc!
- Scratching The Surface: A Hasty Examination of the Making of Disney’s “The Muppets.” Hosted by unit production manager monster J.G., the cast and crew take a behind the scenes look at making Muppet and movie history.
- Explaining Evil: The Full Tex Richman Song. Rapping his way through the story of his miserable life, Tex tells audiences why he turned out to be such a rotten guy.
- A Little Screen Test on the way to the Read Through. This hilarious footage follows the Muppet gang as they go to their first table reading of the script.
- Eight Deleted Scenes
- Audio Commentary with Jason Segel, James Bobin and Nicholas Stoller 3
- The Combo Pack also comes with the popular theatrical spoof trailers
- The Complete Soundtrack
By far, the best part of the Blu-ray beside the film is the Disney Intermission. Press pause at any point in the film and watch the Muppets take over the television with their antics and glimpses of the special features. The first time we paused the film, I was amazed. Probably one of the best ideas ever put forth for a home theater experience. Especially if someone in the family is gone for a few minutes.
It was great to see the Muppets on the big screen and to be able to spend some great family time with them on Blu-ray. Don’t forget, if you buy the Wokka, Wokka, Wokka pack you get the soundtrack as a digital download. Then you can sing “Man or a Muppet” all of the time!
One thought on “The Muppets Blu-ray Review”
I have this on preorder, it should arrive tomorrow…. now I can’t wait to pause it LOL