|I am crushing your head!|
We rarely see non-animated films in the theater, mainly due to the prohibitive costs associated with taking a family of four to our local multiplex.I was fortunate to see Tron Legacy in 3D during its initial release with a friend and we both enjoyed the film. What surprised me is how much I enjoyed watching our preview copy at home on Blu-ray. Not wanting to sound like a broken Identity Disc, but animated and sci-fi films are mesmerizing on Blu-ray.
This was a fantastic film and a great addition to the Tron story. There isn’t much I can say about the storyline without dropping spoilers, but suffice it to say, it was wonderful to see and hear the updated Tron universe. My boys and my wife enjoyed the experience and we watched Tron Legacy first, since it is a little faster paced than the original film. When we started watching the original Tron, the boys were spellbound and excited to see how it all started. My youngest, though, did get in trouble for proclaiming that the movie was really old. He said it was about 40 years old.
Getting On the Grid–The Extras
- The Next Day: Flynn Lives Revealed–reveals that there may have been a lot more going on during Flynn’s absence. One of the better extras on the set.
- Disney Second Screen – TRON: Legacy
- Launching The Legacy–a fascinating look at how Tron Legacy started and came to fruition. What startled me was how involved Jeff Bridges was from the earliest incarnations of the project.
- Visualizing TRON–a featurette about the design of the film.
- Installing the Cast–a glimpse into the pre-production casting of the major characters.
- First Look at TRON: Uprising – the Disney XD animated series–a short look at the upcoming animated series. We are very excited about this!
- Disc Roars–looking at the sound of Tron. Well worth a look and listen.
- Music Video “Derezzed” written, produced and performed by Daft Punk–Daft Punk and Tron? Say no more!
|CLU demands that you buy this on Blu-ray!|
It is easy to draw similarities between Tron: Legacy and The Matrix. It is also easy to see how The Matrix was influenced by the original Tron. Almost like a vicious Light Cycle! Regardless, Tron: Legacy is a great family/action film. It wasn’t until the second viewing that I realized how pervasive the ties between father and son are in this film.
So, grab some popcorn and settle in for a visual treat with Tron: Legacy.
END OF LINE