A list of recommended titles for first-time visitors to Walt Disney World!
Here’s my list of recommended titles:
- Birnbaum’s Walt Disney World 2011. Most of the time I suggest people read The Unofficial Guide, but that tome can be a little overwhelming and off-putting for a first time visitor. This is a great book to ease people into that Walt Disney World frame of mind.
- Beyond the Attractions: A Guide to Walt Disney World with Preschoolers (2011) by Lisa Battista. Although this is geared towards parents of preschoolers, Lisa offers lots of great advice. And if you are traveling with toddlers, this is a must-have resource!
- Disney Parks: The Secrets, Stories and Magic Behind the Scenes (Six-Pack).Every Disney Geek (or Deek) needs to own this set. This is a great way to preview the parks and relive your past vacations. Simce Walt Disney World is so overwhelming in scope, I recommend the DVDs to get people acclimated. Sort of like purifying yourself in the waters of Lake Minnetonka! Check out my review of the set here.
- Modern Marvels – Walt Disney World (History Channel). Don’t tell your family and friends that you bought this before your vacation and be prepared to gain instant Deek Credibility! This DVD is the two-hour documentary about the creation and building of Walt Disney World that was created for the History Channel.
- The Hidden Magic of Walt Disney World: Over 600 Secrets of the Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney’s Hollywood Studios, and Animal Kingdom by Susan Veness. This is a quick and easy book to read that will give you all of the geeky little secrets about the parks. Some of the facts or secrets are, well, not quite right, but overall there is a lot of great information presented. This is a book that you can read on the flight or in the hotel room the night before you visit a specific park.
Don’t forget to stop by our site and leave some Disney Geek love!