Questar Entertainment is releasing a 6-DVD set of Disney Theme Parks specials produced my Lightship Entertainment on June 1, 2010.
Information from their press release follows:
The “Disney Parks: The Secrets, Stories and Magic Behind the Scenes” DVD 6-Pack (SRP $49.99, Program Length 5.5 hours) includes:
- Walt Disney World: Behind the Scenes—An exclusive look at the park that made Orlando the nation’s number one vacation destination.
- Disneyland Resort: Behind the Scenes— A journey through the incredible attractions and entertainment experiences at the original Disneyland Resort.
- Ultimate Walt Disney World—A close look at the exciting thrill rides that make Disney parks so exciting.
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom—A tour of Disney’s largest and most ambitious theme park to date!
- Disney Cruise Line—Exclusive access to Disney’s cruise ships and its private island, Castaway Cay.
- Undiscovered Disney Parks—A unique guide to Disney sites “off the beaten path” including properties and locations in Anaheim frequented by Walt Disney himself.
The “Disney Parks: The Secrets, Stories and Magic Behind the Scenes [Blu-ray]” Blu-ray Combo Pack, which gives consumers DVD, Blu-ray, and Digital copies of the program (SRP $34.99, Program Length 2.5 hours) includes:
- Disneyland Resort: Behind the Scenes
- Ultimate Walt Disney World
- Undiscovered Disney Parks
Finally, the “Disney Parks: The Secrets, Stories and Magic Behind the Scenes” Single DVD contains:
- Walt Disney World: Behind the Scenes
- Disneyland Resort: Behind the Scenes
“Disney granted us unprecedented access into their theme parks, resorts, and attractions which has allowed us to present over five hours of programming that reveals incredible information and imagery,” said Andy Perrott, President and Executive Producer of Lightship Entertainment. “Working closely with Disney Parks, we proudly present over five hours of the most definitive collection of insiders information and imagery on Disney’s theme parks, resorts, and attractions.”
I have many of these on my DVR and I can’t wait to get hold of a hi-definition copy!
I spoke to my contact at Questar and he related the following information to me concerning any new or additional footage from the Travel Channel shows:
The short answer is that ALL the footage from the Travel Channel airing is included, PLUS some extended scenes that were not on the Travel Channel, as well as some special bonus features that have never been seen before, such as “Stitch’s Great Escape” and “What’s New in the Haunted Mansion.”
5 thoughts on “Dream DVD Release!”
are these the shows they had on the travel channel or are they totally different, new ones?
I called my contact at Questar and he is going to find out for us.
They are the same ones, but he wasn’t sure if there was a substantial difference.
Bummer that the combo pack version doesn’t have all the shows on it – I’d love to have all the programs on blu-ray + the digital copies.
I was all excited for a second, but I don’t really have much desire to get this anymore if it’s just those same tired Travel Channel specials from the last couple years.
I wish they would put out some documentaries done in-house by Disney about the parks.
I get that some episodes aren’t being released on Blu Ray because they were never filmed in high def. (I’ve watched some on the Travel Channel HD and they look like crap.) What I can’t forgive is that while releasing those 3 HD episodes on one Blu Ray, they won’t release the other episodes in a package separately. You have to get the set with all episodes on DVD. So if i want all the eps, HD or not, I have to buy multiple sets with a lot of overlap. Inexplicable and a clear money grab.
I also wish they would put out all the Great Hotels episodes…most of which are better than some of these Travel Channel episodes.