- Honor Hunter at Blue Sky Disney posts a Buzz on the Oriental Land Company.
- Drew at insane playhouse offers a book review of Drawing the Line: The Untold Story of the Animation Unions from Bosko to Bart Simpson.
- Ryan at The Main St. Gazette has a post about the construction of Epcot...with some great photos! He also posts some fantastic vintage WDW photos!
- Michael Barrier discusses the 1941 animation strike, current legislation and what might have happened.
- Dean at My Disney Blog posts about Cliff Edwards, Disney voice actor.
- Tom at My Disney Collection shares a 1965 Disneyland book that looks great.
- Spokker at Red Sky Disney posts about Lasseter , Miyazaki and Studio Ghibli.
- Kevin Kidney shares some artwork from Disney On Parade.
- Big Brian at Mousin' It Up answers some postcard questions.
- Daveland posts a wonderful tribute to the People Mover.
- Jack Spence has some fantastic photos of the Disneyland Hotel and the Disneyland Paris entrance.
- 5Kingdoms takes us on a trip to four Haunted mansions.
- Richard at Photos From the Parks looks at the Emporium on Main St., USA.
- Major Pepperidge at Gorilla's Don't Blog posts Posterama 4. I love the attraction posters!
- Outside the Berm finally posts some Walt Disney World-related photos! Yay!
Friday, January 30, 2009
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Why do I get the feeling that he is trying to hypnotize me?
For those of you following along at home, Doc Terminus has released the initial teams for Survivor: Passamaquoddy! Make sure you head over and give a shout-out for your favorite team!
Friday, January 23, 2009
- Jack Spence shares some pictures from Disneyland Paris' PanoraMagique. What makes this really interesting is that is is supposed to come to Downtown Disney.
- Didier at The Disney History blog shares an interview he did with Don Hahn about some new and future books (and a movie).
- Foxxfur at Passport2Dreams presents a glossary of terms on the elements of themed design.
- Wade Sampson at MousePlanet has an update from Bob Gurr and an interview with the youngest Disneyland employee!
- Stephen at ASIFA-Hollywood Animation posts an article on T.S Sullivant, considered to be one of the fathers of modern cartooning.
- Cheribibi at 5 Kingdoms takes a look at The Canopy over World Bazaar at Tokyo Disneyland.
- Progress City has posted a look at concept artwork and information for a "Lost Horizons".
I just wanted to thank all of the amazing bloggers that have spent so much time over the past year writing such incredible posts. With an average of 10 posts per update, that is well over 530 blog posts we have featured. Lots of geeky goodness!
Thursday, January 22, 2009
You can see other Jeff B photos here.
Don't forget to stop by Jeff's Flickr site and leave him some Disney Geek love!
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Let's take a stroll past the Japan Pavilion in this shot from 1985. Notice the lack of growth on the trees and the amazing fashions! I wish I had a time machine to go back and get pictures of all of the changes to the signage and the interiors.
You can view all of the Way Back posts here.
Sunday, January 18, 2009
Two more items arrived last week!
- Disney's California Adventure Detective: An Independent Guide to Exploring the Trivia, Secrets and Magic of the Park Dedicated to Californiaby Kendra Trahan
Friday, January 16, 2009
- Matterhorn at Stuff From the Park posts a picture of a Kodak Picture Spot from Disneyland. I love the Picture Spots!
- Gareth at You Learn Something New Every Day posts a picture of the Hyperion Bungalow on the Disney Studios lot.
- FoxxFur at Passport2Dreams has a stunning photo essay on the Polynesian Village.
- MyDisneyCollection shares an image of a beautiful postcard.
- Ryan at Main Street Gazette posts a great find he scared up!
- Princess Fee at DF'82 posts some pictures of Frontierland at Disneyland Paris. She also takes us on a ride of Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. Did you know you actually go under the river to get there?
- Daveland takes us inside Snow White's Scary Adventures.
Didier Ghez is an author, blogger and prolific Disney researcher. Didier runs the Disney History blog and Disney Books Network site. He is known for his exhaustive interviews that have been featured in various magazines. In addition to editing the Walt's People series, he is the co-author of the amazing book Disneyland Paris - From Sketch to Reality.
I reviewed Volume 1 here.
I wholeheartedly recommend this book. The sheer volume and scope of the interviews will provide fodder for Disney enthusiasts for many years to come. It is easy to look at a book of interviews and pass on it, but this is a title worth owning. You may not read it cover-to-cover (although, I did) but you will find yourself looking for interviews with specific artists--for the observations and anecdotes.
Jump over to 2719 Hyperion to see the whole review.
Don't forget that Jeff Pepper and I have added all of our media reviews to 2619 Hyperion, the official Library of 2719. You can use the labels in the left column to search by author, subject and title.
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Monday, January 12, 2009
Friday, January 9, 2009
- Bob Cowan shares some images and information about Disney animator Harry Holt.
- Michael Sporn posts some screen captures from Snow White. Great historical images!
- Foxxfur at Passport2Dreams lets us take another look at her collection. Some great ephemera this time.
- Amid at Cartoon Brew shares a list of upcoming titles related to...animation!
- Didier at Disney History reviews a very interesting new title. He shares an amazing aerial shot of the Franklin Hill/Los Feliz area from 1932. Lots of Disney history.
- Wade Sampson at Mouseplanet takes us on a fascinating look at why Pleasure Island celebrated New Year's Eve every night.
- 5 Kingdoms takes a look at the estimated capacity for the Magic Kingdom-style parks.
- Daveland has some amazing pictures of the Flying Saucers and the show building for Rocket to the Moon.
- Daveland does a guest spot at My Disney Blog on the Disneyland Skyway. Great photos!
Thursday, January 8, 2009
Jeff B has posted another stellar image on his Flickr collection. This time, it is a shot from the pier of the Polynesian Resort.
Click on the image to load a larger version; it is worth it!
Make sure to stop by Jeff's picture page on Flickr and leave him some Disney Geek love.
Other Jeff B images have been featured here.
Tuesday, January 6, 2009
Sunday, January 4, 2009
The Los Angeles Public Library operated the Hyperion Station Branch from 1927 to 1952 at 2619 Hyperion--one block from the Walt Disney Studios.
All of the book reviews featured at Imaginerding are now part of 2619. All future reviews will be archived there as well.
When you visit 2619, you will need to use the Card Catalog on the left side of the screen. Major topics include: author, subject and title. With one click, you can see all of the books on animation or theme parks that we have reviewed.
Welcome! This library is always open for business.
Friday, January 2, 2009
- Richard at Photos From the Parks presents a photo mystery. Check out the comments for the answer and more! He also posts a tribute to Yale Gracey.
- Foxxfur from Passport2Dreams shares a small part of her Disney stuff...and some history to boot!
- Daveland has a wonderful series he has started on the early years of Tomorrowland: the Monasanto Hall of Chemistry, the Dutch Boy Paint Gallery, the Dairy Bar, the Crane Bathroom of Tomorrow, The Kaiser Hall of Aluminum, and the World Beneath Us by Richland Oil.
- Ryan at the Main Street Gazette posts some details from MuppetVision. He also has a special guest reporter who waxes about MouseFest.
- Didier at the Disney History blog shares information about several upcoming titles.
- Kevin Kidney posts pictures of the models of the 1977 Disneyland Christmas parade.
- David at My Magical Collection shares an image of his 1972 GAF Talking ViewMaster reels. Wow.
- Honor at Blue Sky Disney posts some movie-related art posters.
- Cheribibi at 5 Kingdoms shares some pictures of the Main Street, USA Arcades in Disneyland Paris.
- My good friend Cory (the Raven) from Voyages Extraordinaire has posted about the past year at VEx and all of his favorite posts. Make sure to send him some Geek Love!
- Matterhorn at Stuff From the Park has just hit 1000 posts! Congratulations!
Thursday, January 1, 2009
Another great shot from Jeff B's Flickr collection.
Click through the photo to get a larger view. Make sure to notice the details on the sign markers.