- David at Vintage Disney Memorabilia posts a great article about Walt Disney and the Boy Scouts.
- Ryan at The Main St. Gazette shares what he found about another crate at the Magic Kingdom. Great job, Ryan!
- Jeff at 2719 Hyperion reviews the new book on Pixar. Ya gotta love Disney book reviews!
- Jenny from the Black Wing Diaries shares a scan of a 1940’s Disney Studios Commissary menu. mmmmm…Minnie’s Delight!
- Amid at Cartoon Brew takes a look at a recent article on Disney/Pixar and he adds some well-thought out opinions, as well.
- Jeanine at Louminations! shares a great detail from Mitsukoshi in the Japan Pavilion.
- Michael Sporn presents some absolutely amazing Ward Kimbal sketches and drawings. As usual, they showcase Ward’s quirky and defiant sense of humor.
- Check out the NEW ride review of Buoy Store Minnow Mania over at Passamaquoddy. As usual, Doc Terminus has outdone himself!
- Cheribib at 5 Kingdoms takes us on a Rail tour of all 5 Magic Kingdom style parks.
- Matt at Paleofuture presents the Official Guidebook of the 1939-1940 NY World’s Fair. You do know why the 1939-1940 World’s Fair is important, right?
- Matterhorn from Stuff From the Park posts a picture of the Disney Studios circa 1939.
- Matt at Vintage Disney Alice in Wonderland shares a fan card that doubles as a special preview pass.
- Ed at The Blog Wore Tennis Shoes has a great post about the abandoned queue for the Swiss Family Treehouse.
Book of the Week: Spinning Disney’s World: Memories of a Magic Kingdom Press Agent by Charles Ridgway
Don’t forget to stop by our site and leave some Disney Geek love!
2 thoughts on “Geek-End Update, Saturday, June 7, 2008”
That book made me laugh, smile and cry – fantastic book of the week choice!
Disney Geeks! Excellent blog! As an afficionado of things Disney, Nerdy AND Geeky, I must say you’ve done quite well. I’m adding you to my list of recommended sites on my blog! I’ll be digging into my old photographs and sharing some insider stuff from my days as a Cast Member.
Keep on posting!
P.S. We’re heading to WDW in about 11 days, so be looking for a bunch of photos upon our return.