- Michael Sporn shares some wonderful art from Fantasia. There’s some more here.
- Matterhorn 1959 shares a picture from the Burbank Studio in 1940.
- JedBlau from Vintage Disneyland Goodies has photos of a Disneyland Emporium Gift box from 1955/56. He also has a box from Casa de Fritos. Cool….
- Vintage Disneyland Tickets posts a Souvenir Saturday two-parter with a classic Little Golden book Disneyland on the Air.
- Hans Perk at A Film L.A. discusses synchronizing Mickey for the first time.
- Andy and the Backside of Water posts a shot of Toad’s Family Crest. Toadi Acceleratio Semper Absurda!
- Ed at The Blog Wore Tennis Shoes shares a scan of Chip and Dale’s Country Morning Jamboree. Make sure to look closely at the ages and prices of the meals. He also has posted some vintage shots of the Tencennial Parade at WDW from 1982. Ed finishes up the shots of his parents 1972 trip to WDW. Make sure to check out the rare shot of the China Seas junk parked in front of the Poly.
- Daveland has some great shots from August 1974. I love the Tiki shots! He has also posted some PeopleMover shots. I wish they still had that one at Disneyland!
- Over at The Disney World Blog, they review a great pictorial Disney book.
- At Disneyland Nomenclature, Progressland takes us through the deconstruction of Cascade Peak. He also shares a research article about the Todd Shipyards!
- The Ghost Relations Dept. Blog shares some wonderful concept art by Marc Davis.
- Kevin Kidney posts an amazing piece of 1955 artwork an d a great shot of the Clock of the World!
- Jeff Pepper at the always amazing 2719 Hyperion regales us with an essay on the trailer’s appearance in animated shorts and theme parks.
- Ryan at Main St. Gazette posts a picture of a motley crew. All GREAT guys, though.
- Over at My Disney Collection, he posts about the Disney Gallery Inaugural Exhibit book. I need to get a copy of this one!
- Didier at Disney History posts part of an interview with the artist of the famous Paris Match cover after Walt’s passing.
- Major Pepperidge at Gorillas Don’t Blog has some wonderfully detailed shots of Main St. USA!
- Donald Ballard over at The Original Disneyland Hotel blog posts some pictures of the amenities found at the hotel in the early years.
- Jessica over at If We Can Dream It horses around a little bit over at Saratoga Springs.
- Mark at TagTOONZ talks about learning to draw Mickey Mouse.
On a different note, congratulations to my good friend Ray, who happened to place THIRD at the Battle of the Bodies in Tulsa, OK on May 3, 2008. It was his first bodybuilding competition. Way to go RAY!
Book of the Week: The Imagineering Way: Ideas to Ignite Your Creativity