This week, I will try and catch up with the links from the Disney blogs that I subscribe to. When I logged in after 9 days at WDW, there were over 2,500 items!
- Jeff Pepper from 2719 Hyperion brings us some more great posts: he continues the Lost Imagineering series with a look at the Crocodile Aquarium; another detailed look at Toontown at Disneyland–this time it is the Post Office; and he brings us another look at the real world inspiration for Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- Rob Richards at Animation Backgrounds shares some backgrounds from Melody Time.
- Andy from The Backside of Water shares some posts: fancy trash, anyone; he also takes a look at the Big Thunder Iron Works; and a nice desktop of the Yakitori House.
- Ed South from The Blog Wore Tennis Shoes shares a book review of a wonderfully illustrated children’s title.
- Amid from Catoon Brew points us to a few links that pertain to Bob Thomas’ The Art of Animation book from 1958. Very cool…
- Princess Fee from DF ’82 shares a dental detail from Disneyland Paris. If you look further through her Main St. USA tags, you will see some wonderful Main St. USA Windows of Disneyland Paris!
- Daveland takes on a 1969 ride through Nature’s Wonderland Mine Train Ride. You can see Part 2 here with a few shots of Bob Gurr’s Main St. Window.
- Alain at Disney and More has some wonderful concept artwork for Sunset Boulevard and the Tower of Terror.
- A girl after my own heart…Jennifer at Broke Hoedown talks Disney and Star Wars!
- Josh at the Disney Frontier takes a look at the 4 Indiana Jones attractions from around the world.
- DOC from the Disney Obsession blog continues his series of looking at the Disney Legends. This time is is Marc Davis.
- Progressland at Disneyland Nomenclature posts about deconstruction–he has some amazing shots of the deconstruction of the Disneyland Tomorrowland Mary Blair Mural.
- The Ghost Relations Dept has some pictures of the queue for the Tokyo Disneyland Haunted Mansion. Some day…
- Major Pepperidge shares a great picture of Disneyland that he just took…oh wait a sec…what was the date of that post?
- Jessica at If We Can Dream It has found herself staring at some illuminating lamp posts. She also found an older Figment sign (she is a serious Figment fan, in case you didn’t know…) at Pleasure Island.
- Kevin Kidney has added some items to my wish list for my birthday and Christmas…
- Ryan over at The Main St. Gazette shares a very touching article about his father and sharing the magic. I hope I am doing the same for my son.
- Over at MichaelSporn Animation, Michael shares some storyboard drawings from 101 Dalmatians.
- Outside The Berm has a look at the Monsanto Hall of Chemistry and Star Tours.
- Richard from Photos From the Parks is doing a series on Downtown Disney. Lots of great pictures, as usual.
- Matterhorn at Stuff From the Park shares two posts with photos from the 2719 Hyperion Studio. Part one and part two. He also has some great posts with photos of the signage from Tom Sawyer Island here, here, here and here.
More to come throughout the week. Getting back to real life always takes some time…
Make sure to leave some of these hard-working bloggers linked to above some Disney Geek Love. Let them know that you are reading their work!
Don’t forget to stop by our site and leave some Disney Geek love!
3 thoughts on “Geek-Ly Update”
Thanks for the link – and thanks for giving me even more Disney blogs to have a look at when I’m working – *ahem* – I mean, during my lunch break… 🙂
Welcome back George! Funny, it feels as if you were never truly gone. Oh, and as for doing the same for you son, from what I’ve gathered here, you are off to a fantastic start!