- Brian Sibley at Brian Sibley: The Works shares a great story about how he got Walt’s autograph. It goes a lot further than just talking about a book!
- Jeff from 2719 Hyperion takes another look at some of the California Crazy architecture of the Disney Hollywood Studios and a great Donald short.
- Mrs. S has posted a great review about David Koenig’s Mouse Tales. You can read my review here and about meeting David Koenig at Reading Trout Books in Celebration.
- Andy from the Backside of Water has a shot of Popcorn From the Future. He also has a picture of some crates!
- Michael Barrier presents an older article about Elias and Flora Disney from 1932.
- Hans Perk from A. Film L.A. shares a postcard image of Walt’s Palm Springs Resort.
- Over at The Disneyland Expert, there is a post about the views from the different Disney hotels at Disneyland. What a great way to think about your hotel choice!
- At the Ghost Relations Dept., they post the pictures and names of all of Constance’s husbands from the WDW Haunted Mansion.
- Major Pepperidge at Gorillas Don’t Blog has some shots of the Kaiser Aluminum Hall of Fame from Disneyland. It is also his 600th post. Way to go, Major!
- David at Vintage Disney Collectibles shares a post about Walt’s first Academy Awards.
- Vintage Disneyland Tickets has an awesome post about a 1957 and a 1968 guidebook to Disneyland!
- Alain from Disney and More has a post about the future expansion of the Disneyland Paris Resort. With models! He has also posted a 25th Anniversary article about the Universe of Energy–with concept art.
- Josh from the Disney Frontier relates a sad story about being victimized at Disneyland.
- Ray from Grumpy’s Hollow posts about your own personal Disney Soundtrack. Leave him some Disney Geek love and let him know what your songs are!
- Jessica from If We Can Dream It has a great detail post about some of the Pop records from the Fifties.
- Imagine this: Sang Grim Grinning Ghost with the X Atencio, while standing in line at the Haunted Mansion. Head over to Haunted Mansion Collectibles to read more!
- Honor from Blue Sky Disney talks about the voices behind the mouse. He also shares a lot of the title cards from older animated shorts. Very impressive!
- Over at Louminations!, Lou shares a Wayback Machine post about the Fife-and-Drum corps. He also mentions some changes at the FastPass machines.
- Can you smell it? Ryan at the Main St. Gazette takes us down memory lane with a post about the smellitzer.
- Wade Sampson at MousePlanet has a superb article detailing an essay that Ray Bradbury wrote in 1981–what a great look back at Walt.
- Dave from Daveland has scored some amazing shots of the Disneyland Hotel from 1966.
- FoxxFur from Passport to Dreams has an excellent post discussing some of the special effects created by Yale Gracey.
- Cartoon Brew shares the movie that inspired John Lassetter.
- Matterhorn from Stuff From the Park usually posts some amazing vintage photos…this time he has posted some keys to the Disneyland Hotel…so cool!
- Jennifer (half of Those Darn Cats, owner of Broke Hoedown) at Studios Central writes a wonderfully touching column about experiencing Disney with her son.
Don’t forget to stop by our site and leave some Disney Geek love!
3 thoughts on “Geek-End Update March 1, 2008”
Thanks for the mention! There’s a few things in your list that I’ve missed on my blog travels – I’m off to check them out :0)
George – Are you feeling the count-down yet?
Thanks so much for the kind words George!