One of the first books that I purchased about Disney is probably the annual souvenir guide from 1993-1994 and I purchased it on my first trip to Walt Disney World. After that, I slowly built my collection; souvenir guides, park guides and a few Disneyland titles made up the bulk of my early books. Now, I collect the biographies, animation titles, company histories, academic treatises, coffee-table books and anything else that catches my fancy–like the official and unofficial guidebooks (which are great for researching old attractions). Of course, I have my share of trivia books, as well. I do have to thank my wife for hunting down most of these books. I make the list and she scours the net. I think she enjoys the hunt as much as I enjoy reading them.
You can see all of my titles by visiting my LibraryThing catalog.
I’ve had a lot more books come in over the past few weeks. I decided to wait till I had a few to do a post.
- Hollywood Cartoons by Michael Barrier
- The Celebration Chronicles by Andrew Ross
- Disney War by James Stewart
- Good Girls & Bad Witches by Amy Davis
- To Infinity and Beyond by Karen Paik
- Walt’s People Volume 5 by Didier Ghez
- Disney Years Seen Through a Photographer’s Lens Volume 3
- Disney Years Seen Through a Photographer’s Lens Volume 2
- Disney Years Seen Through a Photographer’s Lens Volume 1
- Walt Disney’s Nine Old Men and the Art of Animation by John Canemaker
- Mouse Tracks by Tim Hollis and Greg Ehrbar