- Jeff from 2719 Hyperion has a freeze frame focusing on a 1936 Mickey short: a veritable who’s who.
- Thad K. at Animation ID shares a Kimballian perspective on Mickey Mouse. Be sure to pack your smile!
- We love signage at Imaginerding…and so does Andy at the Backside of Water. He has a futuristic sign for us!
- Honor at Blue Sky Disney starts a history lesson on Tokyo Disneyland. He continues with a piece on the rise and fall of Eisner coupled with the rise of Iger. Great stuff.
- Jennifer at Broke Hoedown shares her video for the position of CMO. Unless Lou Mongello applies, she has my vote!
- Uh oh…Lou has posted his video for CMO. Now who do I vote for?
- Alain at Disney and More has some shots of Hong Kong Disneyland as it gears up for the Chinese New Year. Is Jennifer from Broke Hoedown in one of the pictures?
- ZapperZ from My Disney Mania shares an article that finally puts to rest the myth of Walt being anti-semitic. Thanks to John at The Disney Blog for the hat tip.
- DOC (from the aptly-titled Disney Obsession blog) has a post about Morocco after dark. He also quotes from two great reads!
- The Ghost Relations Dept. shares some of the upgrades to the Disneyland Haunted Mansion. Pretty nice details!
- We love the details (see above). Daveland offers three great posts this week: he brightens our day with two shots of the Haunted Mansion at Disneyland, another post with shots of the Diamond Horseshoe and another post looking at the signage announcing the upcoming Haunted Mansion.
- Michael from Michael Sporn Animation shares some amazing Kimball Mickey Model sheets. A little different from the one earlier! He also has a nice post on one of the lesser known Nine Old Men, Les Clark.
- Major Pepperidge from Gorillas Don’t Blog has two 1960’s shots of the Monsanto House of the Future. I would have loved to have seen this in its prime.
- Andy De Maertelaere at the Mouskingdom blog links to an interview with Tony Baxter. It is a great interview.
- Doc Terminus from Passamaquoddy shares another lost attraction–The Kickin’ Kraberet. Glenn’s posts are laugh-out-loud funny and I can’t wait to see Soarin’ over Passamaquoddy.
- Don’t throw us into that Briar Patch! Or do, actually! Richard from Photos from the Park has a post detailing Splash Mountain, the Elder. Hmmm…might be time for the Nerdy Boys to pay Mr. Richard a visit and explain why the WDW one is better! But he reconciles near the end of the post.
- Andy from the Backside of Water talks about another one of my Disney Obsessions: Mmmm….churros for breakfast!
- Cory the Raven (not sure if he is a real raven or not!) from Voyages Extraordinaires shares an amazing look at three Paris Instituions: Disneyland Paris, Notre Dame and the Eiffel Tower. He only had one day in Paris and he recounts his time.
- Rob at Animation Background shares two backgrounds for “In The Bag” . Bump…Bump…
- Outside the Berm has two wonderful comparison shots of the entrance of Frontierland at Disneyland, Then & Now.
- Jim at Tulgey Wood shares a page from the 1961 comic adaptation of 101 Dalmations about Dalmation Animation.
- FoxxFur from Passport To Dreams offers another in her series of Vanishing Walt Disney World.
Don’t forget to stop by our site and leave some Disney Geek love!
One thought on “Geek-End Update: February 2, 2008”
I’m pretty sure I’m a human being, but I do dress all in black, and I am kinda’ spooky ^_^
The nickname actually started as the handle I used in the Disneysphere, because Doombuggies started requiring all posters to log in. Just plain “Cory” was already being used by my unregistered self, so I added my result from a “Which Haunted Mansion Spook Are You?” quiz.
And that was more than you or anybody ever wanted to know about my name ^_^