HAPPY BIRTHDAY GEORGE!!!!!!
Happy Birthday to Disney Geek Biblioadonis, AKA my brother George, AKA “MOM, George won’t stop looking at me!!!!!”
I have been fortunate enough to share this passion for Disney with George, who is an endless resource of enthusiasm and knowledge. I am very happy to say that he has served as a peer AND a mentor, and I am proud for all that he has accomplished (insert single tear here). I will have to say that if it came right down to it, I could probably kick his butt though. The emphasis is on probably, because you can NEVER trust a Master of Librarian Sciences. If all else on this planet fails, George, we will always have the Dewey Decimal system to fall back on.
For those of you out there that read his posts regularly, here are a few things you should know about the birthday boy:
- He has read two books a week, every week, since he was fifteen years old. I won’t tell you how old he is, but that is more than 2,200 books.
- He is an excellent mixed martial artist. I used to consider myself the athletic one in our family (I think George probably would agree with that). A few year ago, George began taking a mixed martial arts class. He had been in the class for a year when it happened. On Easter at our Mom and Dad’s house three years ago, he pushed me around the house like I was a rag doll with two left feet and a broken backbone. I joined the class the next week and George and I have been ‘fighting’ ever since.
- George and I went to see Prince in concert in 1984 (Purple Rain). I was 10. George was not much older but he acted 21. We scored beers and girls and had a great time. This is completely true, except for the beers and the girls.
- George played in a band called Vertigo Joyride in college that toured all over the East Coast and was featured in a big screen film Immortal. Of course, it was crazy to see him and his long hair (yes, I said long) on the big screen.
So raise your glass and share in a birthday salute to my OLDER and smellier sibling, Bilioahontas. Thank God my birthday is more than nine months off.
6 thoughts on “Daily Figment 38 Happy Birthday”
happy birthday!… i think i saw you guys at that prince concert….. 😉
I hope you got some cool swag for your b-day. Congrats.
Happy birthday… and wait a second – in addition to all of the other passions we share, you study martial arts as well? We may just be related after all!!!
Enjoy the day, buddy!!! 🙂
Happy Birthday, buddy!
I have you beat buddy!
For the second year in a row, I’m getting to rock the b-day with the Mouse
I will add a few notes about George
1. He used to have a shrine to Cindy Crawford.
2. His 8 year old can kick his butt at video games.
3. He forced his wife to watch the Star Wars movie over and over when they first got married until she could recite the dialog.
4. The first date movie he ever saw was Lucas.
5. He and Andrew love Raisin’ Arizona.
That is enough dish on the Book God!